Okay, so maybe it is a tad too late to bring this to your thanksgiving parties, but ‘tis the season for pumpkin so I thought it’s never too late to share a great recipe. I am a huge fan of hummus, it is one of my very favorite snacks, but the same old same old can get boring after a while. I was intrigued to find this recipe and pleasantly surprised by the result.
The Eat Clean Diet: Tosca Reno
- 2 Tbsp/30 mL tahini (try to find brown sesame seed butter – it is LOADED in Calcium)
- 2 Tbsp/30 mL fresh lemon juice (yes, just juice the lemon, it takes maybe 20 seconds)
- 1 tsp/5 mL ground cumin
- 1 tsp/5 mL pumpkin oil (I used extra virgin olive oil, still good!)
- 3/4 tsp/~4 mL sea salt
- 1/8 tsp/~0.5 mL ground pepper
- 15 oz/420 g pumpkin, baked or canned (organic is best)
- 4 cloves garlic, passed through a garlic press (or 2 mammoth Russian garlic cloves like the ones we get in our farm box)
- 2 Tbsp/30 mL cilantro (fresh)
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth.
2. Spoon into a decorative stoneware serving bowl and serve chilled.